NOTE: This course listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Relentless curiosity. Fiercely independent thought. Vigorous dialogue. Welcome to our culture of inquiry and innovation. If you excel in environments where you take the lead in solving problems – by challenging conventional wisdom, generating new insights, and uncovering compelling evidence – then Booth is the place for you.
You’ll experience an academic program that features:
• An emphasis on analyzing problems, generating key insights, and implementing creative solutions – We stress the importance of asking questions and examining ideas. You’ll gain a superior ability and confidence to handle situations where there are no predetermined answers.
• Flexible curriculum – With only one required course, you can design a program to meet your career goals. Our flexible curriculum gives you the ability to target the depth of knowledge and skills a potential employer will value.
• Experiential learning – You’ll have the chance to strengthen the connection between theory and practice with experiential learning. Testing the skills and knowledge you’ve gained in a practical setting will stretch and prepare you for business leadership.
• Dialogue in the classroom – Don’t expect to be fed information or given rules to follow. Debate and discussion are the principal modes of learning at Chicago Booth. You’ll be asked by your professors and your peers to take an active role in uncovering the ideas and facts that will lead you to new solutions.
• An academic connection with the University – Chicago Booth is part of one of the greatest research institutions in the world – the University of Chicago. Through our joint degree programs, you can increase the value of your MBA by combining it with a degree from one of the University’s other world-renowned programs.
• International programs – In a global marketplace, having the chance to study in another country and learn about how business is conducted across borders broadens the perspective you bring to a position. We have international programs to fit your needs – including options that range from a few weeks to one term.
• Innovation – Learn how to build a new business, work with cutting-edge entrepreneurs, and intern with a venture capital or private equity firm through the Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship.
A complete submission will consist of the following items:
Completed application with required personal background
Completed essay questions
Two letters of recommendation
Unofficial (scanned) transcripts from all post-secondary educational institutions attended. Note: Official transcripts are requested from admitted students only.
GMAT or GRE score
TOEFL, IELTS or PTE scores (international applicants only)
Note: TOEFL/IELTS/PTE scores are valid for two years.
$250 application fee