UMass Amherst

Online Certificate in Sustainable Food and Farming

Delivered online

Organisation:
UMass Amherst
Level:
Qualification:
Cost:
$371 per credit

Course description

The 15-credit Certificate in Sustainable Food and Farming was developed in response to growing student demand and emerging work opportunities. Online education is not for everyone, but there are situations in which it just makes good sense.

Our online classes (listed here) are open to anyone who has earned a High School Diploma or GED. Courses may be taken individually or as part of the Certificate Program.

“I did the certificate to learn how to depend less on industrial agriculture. You can’t begin to feed those around you if you don’t learn how to feed yourself first.” Joe M.

“The Sustainable Food and Farming Certificate has given me something to show for my hard work and some of my most valuable lessons at UMass.” Amy O.

Interest in the Certificate has grown rapidly, as both mid-career professionals and college age students seek to earn a university credential focused on sustainable food and farming.

At the same time, it is useful to ask the question “yes, but are there jobs?” The popular World.edu post Sustainable Agriculture Jobs After College offers advice for students thinking about a college degree but is also relevant for Certificate graduates.

Enrolment instruction

Online Courses Available

How to register for individual classes

UMass Amherst

From its beginnings as a land grant institution, UMass Amherst has focused on stewardship of the earth. As a leading public research university, UMass has a unique opportunity and responsibility, to set an example in fostering and following best practices in sustainability. UMass Amherst entered the 21st century as the flagship campus of the state’s five-campus University system, and enrollment of nearly 24,000 students and a national and international reputation for excellence. 

Terms: