8 courses + 1 assessment
Boost your employability, with the prospect of earning credit at Level 1 of The Open University’s Business Management BA degree
The Business and Finance Fundamentals program will help you develop valuable skills for today’s business environment.
From communicating with customers to managing projects with success, creating financial plans to weighing up investment options, you’ll gain an awareness of a wide range of business and finance areas, which will boost your effectiveness at work today and your long-term employability tomorrow.
Accessible for free on desktop, tablet or mobile and delivered in bite-sized chunks, the eight courses in this program provide a flexible way to support and demonstrate your continuing professional development (CPD).
If you are aiming to use your study of courses in the Business and Finance Fundamentals program to obtain academic credit, please be aware that the final planned presentation of the Open University Assessment Course BXM191 Business and Finance Fundamentals in Practice starts October 2020. Please ensure that you allow yourself enough time to obtain all eight Certificates of Achievement from courses in the program before registering for the Assessment Course.
What skills will I learn?
When you successfully complete the program, you will:
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of fundamentals of business and finance;
- analyse problems in business and finance and recommend plausible solutions;
- communicate and use information in a way appropriate to your subject, purpose and audience;
- use digital tools and numerical skills for learning and working;
- and articulate and engage with relevant professional and ethical issues in business and finance.