This course will first discuss the basic concepts of networking and Local Area Networks. You will learn different network terminology, study Serial Data Transfer and IP Addresses as well as the main types of network and computing. You will look into the OSI model and learn how its layers determine how network traffic is moved and consumed. You will then study wired and wireless networks, Internet Protocol (IP), and the tools used to manage and troubleshoot networks.
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) is a client/server protocol that enables configured client computers to obtain IP addresses automatically. This course will discuss the information obtained from IP addresses using DHCP and the benefits derived from its use. You will then look into DORA which stands for Discovery, Offer, Request, Acknowledge Discovery and the Automatic Private IP Addressing (APIPA) which is a service for assigning unique IP addresses on small office/home office networks without deploying the DHCP service.
Setting up a computer network can help a business make the most of its IT systems and equipment. It is a fast and reliable way of sharing information and resources. Upon the completion of this course, you will gain a deeper understanding of the different types of LANs and WANs found in networks, the protocols used to allow secure communications between networks, and network architecture and protocols used in network security. So, check out the course and enhance your computer skills, today!
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Explain how Hubs, Switches and Routers function
- Describe how Ethernet functions
- Describe the structure and function of IP Addresses
- List the seven layers of the OSI Model
- List the four layers of the TCP Model
- Describe the structure and function of twisted-pair cable
- Define the terms attenuation and interference in relation to networking
- Describe the structure and function of wireless networks
- Describe the structure of Internet Protocol addresses
- Describe the role of the Default gateway and DNS server in networking
- Describe Wide Area Networking Technologies
- Describe the features and functions of VPN protocol
- Explain the different types of Network security systems