This course reviews the role of a Human Resource Manager in depth. The course begins by defining the eight core roles of Human Resources Management and discussing the importance of the strategic HRM plan and HR plan. The course also reviews the key stages of the recruitment process and compares different recruitment strategies. The course then proceeds to provide an in-depth review of the selection process, including the use of different testing and selection methods.
Next, the course will focus on the instrumental role that training and development plays in the performance, motivation and retention of employees. The course also discusses the importance of performance appraisals and how HR professionals can manage poor employee performance. You’ll also learn why how organisational cultures and strategies can have a big impact on change processes within large and small organisations.
The course then reviews the professional processes and procedures for terminating the employment of staff who aren’t performing at the levels expected of them. Lastly, the course will discuss how to apply motivational theories, management styles, and retention strategies in order to motivate and retain staff. So, if you are interested in Human Resources as a career, or if you are a HR professional looking to enhance your skills, then check out this Diploma in Human Resources today and start taking your career to the next level.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognise the key skills and responsibilities of a human resource manager
- Explain general recruitment, selection, training and appraisal processes
- Outline how employee separation and termination can occur
- Examine how to manage and retain employees effectively
- Demonstrate a general awareness of how culture influences how an organisation operates
- Identify strategies for managing the process of change within an organisation