This free online course in Legal Studies will provide you with simple definitions and clear explanations of important legal concepts, different types of laws, and how laws are created. The legal system is an integral part of any society, built to protect its citizens and maintain their rights. By taking this free course, your legal system will become clear and accessible to you. That is important knowledge, for life.
On completion of this module, you will be able to:
- List the characteristics of effective law.
- Define the difference between procedural and substantive justice.
- Describe the elements of fairness.
- Explain the major forum for dispute resolution within the legal system.
- Identify the difference between civil and criminal law.
- List some of the parts that civil law can be divided into.
Continuing Professional Development, or CPD, is the process of continually developing or maintaining your professional skills. CPD helps individuals focus on how they can become a more competent and effective professional.
Due to our rigorous publishing review process, courses on Alison are now being accredited by CPD UK, an independent organisation. Accredited CPD training means the learning activity has reached the required Continuing Professional Development standards and benchmarks, and the learning value has been scrutinised to ensure integrity and quality. This CPD Certification Service provides recognised independent CPD accreditation compatible with global CPD requirements.