This course begins by reviewing the evolution of media and its impact on culture. You will learn about media theories and controversies and then look into the main factors which influence books, newspapers, and magazines, and learn how these types of media impact modern cultures. You will also study the impact modern media – such as the Internet, electronic games and entertainment, and social media – has had on society.
The course then looks at the history of music, the different factors which have influenced music, and music’s impact upon culture. You will also look into the challenges which face today’s music industry. The course will also discuss the history of radio broadcasting, movies, and television including the influence modern technology has had on these types of media. You will then look at their impact on society and culture, and the different factors which affect them in turn.
The evolution of the Internet and globalization has made a big impact on culture and communication, and you will will look at their impact on society and culture, and the different factors which affect them in turn.
If you’re interested in media studies as a future career, or if you’re a media professional seeking to improve your knowledge, then this course is the one for you. Understanding the role of the media in today’s world and it how influences culture and society is essential for any aspiring media professional. So start this course today, and by the end of the week you’ll have gained valuable new knowledge.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Describe media literacy and discuss its relevance in today’s world
- Summarize the different ways mass media affects culture
- Trace the material and cultural origins of printed books
- Explain the significance and cultural impact of modern journalism
- Discuss trends in magazine journalism that emerged in the 20th and 21st centuries
- Assess the impact of technologies that have changed the face of the music industry.
- Explain the use of formats in the development of modern radio stations
- Summarize key developments and technology in the motion picture industry
- Outline the ways in which television affects the development of a culture