This course begins by giving you an introduction to stress. You will look into its history and study the role of personality factors in stress. Stress can have an impact on the nervous system. With this course, you will learn how the brain functions and how the brain responds during a stressful situation. You will also gain knowledge of how the endocrine system is affected when you experience stress as well as study the effects of adrenal fatigue.
You will then learn how to assess stress levels and improve your self-esteem. Your thoughts, beliefs, and emotions work together when you are experiencing stress. With this course, you will learn how relaxation can help to reduce stress through different coping strategies and how imagery can be used to reduce stress. It will also teach you the difference between stress and anxiety. You will also study the link between exercise and stress including different exercises that can lift your spirits.
Learn how to successfully deal with personal stress by studying this free online course from Alison. Stress can affect many people in different ways and some people return to their resting rate sooner than others after a stressful situation. Upon the completion of this course, you will learn that there are different types of stressors and stress can even be helpful to an individual. Start improving your stress management abilities today with this free online course.
Having completed this course, you will be able to:
- Describe what stress is
- Explain why individuals respond differently during a stressful situation
- Define the difference between eustress and distress
- List the effects of acute stress
- Discuss the role of personality factors in stress
- Describe the role of the endocrine system
- Explain how the nervous system induces stress
- Describe how stress affects the immune system
- List the health risks associated with stress
- List psychiatric disorders associated with stress
- Explain how to assess your stress level
- Describe what stress mapping is
- Explain how self-esteem can be improved