The free online course Professional Bookkeeping and Accounting 2: Bank and Petty Cash introduces you to both the prime books of entry and cross totting (you will need a working understanding of these throughout this course). You will also be presented with the case study that will be used in the activities in sections 2 and 3 of this course.
In section 2 the course teaches about Petty Cash. The course will walk you through each step of the petty cash process from raising petty cash vouchers, entering data to the daybook and reconciling and replenishing the petty cash. Throughout this section you will have a number of activities to complete using the case study presented in Section 1 and these activities will give you the opportunity to: Raise petty cash vouchers; Enter petty cash transactions to the petty cash daybook; Close the daybook and calculate the balance carried down; Reconcile the petty cash; and Replenish the petty cash.
Section 3 of this course is about Banking Transactions. Throughout this section you will have a number of activities using the case study presented in section 1 and these activities will give you the opportunity to: Check remittance advice; Enter payments and receipts to the 3 column and analysis cash book; Close the cash book and calculate the balance carried down; and Reconcile the bank. This course will be of great interest to all learners who are interested in a career in bookkeeping or accounting. The course contains a case study that you will use throughout this course, workbooks to download, and activities to complete. So start this course today and learn valuable skills in basic bookkeeping and accounting.
Having completed this course you will be able to:
- Describe how to raise petty cash vouchers
- Explain how to enter petty cash transactions to the petty cash daybook
- Describe how to close the daybook and calculate the balance carried down
- Describe how to reconcile the petty cash
- Describe how to replenish the petty cash
- Describe how to check remittance advice
- Explain about enter payments and receipts to the 3 column and analysis cash book
- Describe how to close the cash book and calculate the balance carried down
- Describe how to reconcile the bank