Build a holistic view of your customers
No matter how sophisticated your marketing is, if it doesn’t result in attracting customers, your business is set to fail.
This online course applies fresh thinking to how marketing and selling activities combine to create customers who keep coming back.
You will develop an understanding of how customer relationship management breeds business development success; critically evaluate accepted wisdom on how marketing influences customers; and learn how marketers increasingly draw on powerful information systems to build a holistic view of customers.
What topics will you cover?
- How technologies such as big data, the cloud and open-source are driving the digital economy
- Insight in the context of sales
- How customer insight is enabled by the digital economy
- Tools and technologies that enable businesses to use big data to access and deliver value
- How digital engagement works, and the importance of personalisation
- How the move to digital selling is being enacted across the globe
- Key trends in the digital economy and the impact on customer insight
This course is intended for anyone who wants to learn about attracting and retaining customers. No previous experience of studying sales or marketing is required, but some basic knowledge of how businesses work would be beneficial.
Find further information about OU registration, the assessment module and MBA in the entry requirements.
IMPORTANT! If you are aiming to use your study of courses in the Digital Economy program to obtain academic credit, please be aware that the final planned presentation of the Open University Assessment Course BXM871 Managing in the Digital Economy starts July 2020. Please ensure that you allow yourself enough time to obtain all four Certificates of Achievement from courses in the program before registering for the Assessment Course.